Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Do you have a ‘word’ for 2009?

I am a huge fan of Christine Kane’s blog, which I’ve been reading since probably Dec07.  She shares things learned from her own life about how to resolve internal issues and how to guide our lives with intention.  

Each December Christine encourages her readers to choose a word that will guide his/her life through the coming year.  I’ve struggled with a word this year… I mean, it’s already January 14th!  I considered Passion…  Encouragement...  Gratitude… Calmness…  Positivity, and a slew of others.  But as I considered each one, I felt limited--felt that I hadn’t yet discovered how to incorporate it into some areas of my life, and I didn't want to do this half-way.

Yesterday I finally settled on Action as my word for the year.  Action from me for me that will benefit me emotionally, physically, and spiritually AND will allow good things to radiate to others.   I firmly believe that if we don’t take care of ourselves first, we cannot give 100% to anything else we do.  I've already spent too much of my life thinking about how I want life and not doing anything about it.    In 2009 I will act.

More later…. It’s a Brrrrr-y 8deg here this morning and I must get moving Act.

No comments: