Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day of Service & I have HEAT

What else can a quilter do on a national Day of Service but work on quilts?

Having had no heat for four days and nights brought home in so many ways how what we do matters. Regardless of how many layers of clothes I had to wear, or the number of quilts that kept me warm, I was thankful every day that I had those means of keeping warmer and a home to be shielded from the elements.

We take so much for granted, and one of my Action goals for the year is to find something to be grateful for in every negative situation. That does not include "adding the word positive to a negative sentence," like my co-worker Mary says when I tell her to be positive. LOL

Although I had to work most of the day, then scooted out early to meet the furnace repairman. I finished the binding on one quilt while watching TV in the evening and then moved on to creating more red-centered blocks to supplement those previously sent for assembly into Heartstrings quilts.

Tonight is a CPR class after work and then home to bake an apple pie for the boss's birthday lunch tomorrow.

No comments: