Monday, March 1, 2010

February's tally

Attn. Quilt Shops:  If you are going to offer a BOM, why not give directions on how to use the skimpy fabric cuts to get all the required pieces?


This Bountiful Baskets BOM is supposed to have one 10" block and two 5" blocks each month.  I didn't get enough fabric to make two of those three, and it reminded me why I don't do BOMs anymore.  But I succumbed to the thought of having a quilt in repro fabrics, since that is a fabric addiction I've resisted.  I've been quilting since 1999 and sewing for 43 years; if everyone got the same fabric cuts I did, there is no way a beginner would be able to work through it.

I did manage to get a little sock knitting in--made it through the heel on one, then started the other to try a different gusset/heel to see which I like better.  This Sockotta sock yarn has nearly equal parts cotton and wool and feels much better to me.


I didn't watch much of the Olympics since my TV is not cooperating with the DTV converter, so I tried to catch the highlights on the computer the following day.  I spent most of my month reading (all excellent reads):


Here's to a more productive March.

Sheila

No comments: