Friday, February 5, 2010

Morning sampler

Mary's new sock kick has motivated me to a finish.  (And she is fast!) Mary, I love that you're making them in Scarlet & Gray -- Buckeye colors.  ; )

This pair was started in May'09 and has been languishing... waiting for those last 20 or so rows of the second leg to be done.  As is my usual, once I know what it's going to look like, I've moved on.


Last week I discovered that this young pup has been using my dining room as his personal potty.  I have an open kitchen/dining/living area, but I never go through the dining room, or even use it much for that matter. Unfortunately I've had to go back to crating him while I'm at work.  Here's a picture of one of his milder moments this morning.

Non-diet food:  I made some kolaches to take to work today.  One could find sausage kolaches in nearly every donut shop in north Texas, but no one locally has heard of them. Just as well, since it's cheaper to make them. This last batch is fresh from the oven, but a couple mysteriously vaporized as soon as this picture was snapped!  


Eckrich breakfast links rolled in Pillsbury Grands biscuits (biscuits were separated in half horizontally before rolling).

We're supposed to be in for "the biggest snowstorm of the season" today and tomorrow, but it hasn't started yet. Are the weather people in your area incite-ful alarmists too?  By listening to them, you'd never know this is a northern climate with four seasons.

The good news is... I finally found the cord to my new camera!  It looks just like one of my computer cords, so it was right under my nose the whole time.

2 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I love them! That yarn is amazing. I've bought some self striping yarn to use in my next pair but first I'll have to finish the other red one.

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

The socks are great!!! and I love the colors. Thanks for sharing the pic that shows you have stuff lying around...makes me feel better about myself and pics that have stuff everywhere in the background. I may try the knitting/sock thing - there is a class at the shop where I work, and it's helpful to know something about the class when customers have questions. And since I've seen yours, you've inspired me.
The little sausages things: in Ohio we call them piggies in a blanket. If you use full size hot dogs or sausages, then they are pigs in blankets. Any kind of biscut, but I prefer crescent rolls - light and flakey, and I'm sure the calories are low!!haha
I am out of town right now, but heard there is lots of snow - BIL called and said we have 7 inches so far.
And the weathermen - I think their schooling involves alarmanistic training!!
Later,