Thursday, May 14, 2009

Snippets of life

Life is chugging along... working and Nana-ing. with a little quilting and knitting thrown in.

I managed to finish the socks I was working on and I'll have to remember to get a picture of them. They're much to warm to wear now, but they'll be perfect in the winter. I ordered a bunch of sock yarn that was on sale so I could practice, practice, practice making heels with inexpensive yarn instead of all the horrible heels I made with pricey yarn.

I've been neglectful about publicly acknowledging some great wins I got in the mail. First was Megan's
give-away quilt that only needed binding. I'm still amazed that she put so much work into this and didn't like it. Our Project Linus Make-a-Blanket day is this Sunday, so this will be one of the quilts I part with then. It will be really bright, adorable and hope-inspiring for some little girl who needs a hug.


The other great gift was from an Earth Day giveaway by Cheryl over at Ponderings.  They are faux paper towels, and I can't get a good picture of these to save my soul.  Let me tell you, these are so practical and I find myself using them all the time now.   Making more using her directions is on my agenda for the weekend too.


As much as I wish this next one were my little secret, I'll share.  I'm nice like that.   I found this great new book at the quilt shop a couple of weeks ago.  It was the only one left and I paid full price.  LOL  So unlike me, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to find it online, and with my luck it wouldn't be in the shop when I got back.   Let me tell you it is worth every penny.  It's geared toward 2.5" strips, but also gives directions for using scraps or fat quarters.   This has been my night-time read ever since I bought it.  Visit Kim!


Quilts to show soon... I've been binding, binding, binding.  And even some machine quilting! 

More later... I have to be to work in 15 minutes and haven't even been in the shower yet!

Take care,
Sheila

No comments: